More Thousand Sons fun. Finished up the three that were in development, and have basecoated and semihighlighted the sorcerer. I was hoping the force weapon would look better, but oh well.
I am roughly 60% through the next three Rubric Marines and I am already having a considerable improvement from the test subject. Still need to add silver and highlight the golds and whites, but they are coming around nicely. If I can finish these off next week, it should give me the charge I need to get back into Khorne and get some real work done.
Since I was priming and basing anyways, I did the 15 Blood Warriors I had waiting. Since the paint scheme is the same, the Bloodsecretor becomes the first (mortal) hero to hit the painting desk.
Nothing special here. The standard basing, and wetbrushed with Balthasar Gold. The important thing is that they are started.
Since I am not blessed with a lot of time to have these done, I got the base steps done on the Thousand Sons. Primed black, did the bases (Mournfang Brown, Zamesi Desert, Ushabti Bone dry brush, Steel Legion Trim rims), basecoated with Caledor Sky, washed with Drakenhof Nightshade). It leaves me at a great starting point for them.
I should not be allowed to watch painting videos.
I watched a Thousands Sons painting video and it got bad ideas in my head, and a few hours later…
The video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtJtnUbJgD8
Due to the fact I could barely sit up most of the day, I had a sick day today. Once I woke up, there wasn’t much I could do but paint.
As a result:
- A second Flesh Hound crosses the finish line.
- The other 8 Flesh Hounds has their fans painted and washed where appropriate, and a Khorne Red pseudo wet brush to bring some scales up.
- Karanak had a new base made for him and was primed, basecoated and washed twice. He’s getting the hero model treatment because why not.
- Khorne Red was put on the other 5 Blood Warriors from a few steps before.
They are painting up quick at least! I won’t be winning any awards but they are certainly passable.
I was feeling a bit Blood Warrior’d out, so I dug out some half finished Khorne Fleshhounds I have for my Daemonkin and Karanak.
Got Karanak put together, and I’ll get him primed once I get the rest of the hounds together.
The hounds were fully rebased the hounds with Astrogranite Debris and the bases received the normal Nuln Oil/Dawnstone/Administratum Grey/Terminus Stone drybushes. The hounds themselves were rebasecoated with Khorne Red, and the grey stripes were done with P3 Ironhull Grey. Two coats of Nuln Oil finished the job for now. They look so much better already.